Let's get your podcast registered with the biggest directory out there! Before we begin, you need two things:
- An Apple ID. If you're an existing Apple user you probably have one of these, but register one if you don't have one yet.
- A podcast with at least one existing episode. Apple won't register a podcast until it has its first episode.
Registering Your Podcast With Apple Podcasts
- Sign in to iTunes Podcasts Connect
- Click the plus button at the top left. (If this is your first podcast, skip this step).
- Enter your RSS feed into the text box and hit the button marked “Validate”.
- A simple preview of your RSS feed will load if you do not have any validation errors. Make sure everything looks right with your podcast before continuing. If you have any validation errors, skip down to the section below. Otherwise hit the 'Submit' button.
That's it! Apple usually takes a few days to review and list your podcast. Once your podcast is accepted, you should go to the iTunes connect page for your podcast and copy the 'View in iTunes Store' link into RedCircle's distribution form.
"Can't Read Your Feed"
This can appear in two scenarios:
- You haven't uploaded and published your first episode yet. Apple requires a first episode exists before a podcast can be registered.
- You pasted the incorrect URL for your RSS feed. Double check you copied and pasted the full url. It should looks like https://api.podcache.net/shows/a-bunch-of-letters-and-numbers/feed.
"Error: Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests."
RedCircle requires that any artwork you upload conforms to these requirements. However, if you imported your podcast from another host, RedCircle will import images that don't meet these guidelines. You'll have to go back and edit the podcast and each of its episodes to use images that are at least 1400x1400 and less than 3000 x 3000.