Need to assign an Audio Block to multiple Insertion Points? Learn how here!
You can assign an Audio Block (both custom and default) to multiple Insertion Points all at once. This is known as “bulk assigning”. Utilizing this feature saves you a ton of time when creating and editing Audio Blocks.
You can get to this screen by navigating to the Audio Blocks tab and clicking on the three dots (...) next to the desired Audio Block. Then, select Assign to Insertion Points from the drop-down menu:
Select your show from the drop-down menu to pull up the Insertion Points. You can assign the Audio Block to already-existing Insertion Points after selecting your show:
You may notice drop-downs with “Pre-Roll”, “Mid-Roll”, and “Post-Roll” titles. Clicking on those drop-downs brings up a list of options.
See below for what each option means:
- First: This refers to the very first Insertion Point in the episode. So, if you have two Insertion Points in Pre-Roll, this refers to the one that's in the first position.
- First Available: This refers to the first Insertion Point available in the episode. So, say you have one Insertion Point at 00:00:00 and another Insertion Point at 00:01:02. If the Insertion Point at 00:00:00 already has an Audio Block assigned to it, then clicking First Available would assign to it the 00:01:02 spot.
- Last: This refers to the very last Insertion Point in the episode.
- Last Available: Similar to First Available, clicking this assigns the Audio Block to the last Insertion Point that's available/open. So, say you have one Insertion Point at 00:30:00 and another at 00:28:10. If the Insertion Point at 00:30:00 already has an Audio Block assigned to it, then clicking Last Available would assign to it the 00:28:10 spot.
- All: This option assigns the Audio Block to all Insertion Points in that audio area in every episode. For example, if you click ‘All’ in the Pre-Roll drop-down, then all Insertion Points in the Pre-Roll spot will be assigned that Audio Block.
- Unassign: This option unassigns the Audio Block from all Insertion Points in that audio area in every episode. For example, if you click Unassign in the Pre-Roll drop-down, then all Insertion Points in the Pre-Roll spot are removed from that Audio Block.
As for the checkmark boxes, the faint red line indicates that an Audio Block is already assigned to it. So, if you click All, then it overwrites the Audio Block that is already assigned. However, if you click First Available, then it assigns the Audio Block to the first available spot.
Once you’ve made your selections, simply click Submit to save your changes. And that’s it! The Audio Block is now assigned to your desired Insertion Points!